Hazelwood Elementary is a respectful school which celebrates individual achievements in a collaborative community. It empowers empathetic global citizens by striving to meet the needs of diverse learners.
The following web links will help students and parents access "learning at home" information:
- Teacher contact information and webpages
- NLESD Learning at Home
- HWE Educational links
- Ms. Lahey's Physical Education website
- Get a Public Library card to access resources like TumbleBooks
- Free digital subscription to Scholastic Education
- Free ZORBIT's Math Adventures - Free Home learning Kits
- The Google Classroom code for Ms. McDonald is 2uuzqye
- Music Resources are available from Ms. Beresford's website
NL Oral History Project with Heritage NL and The Rooms
Calling all students! We want your family stories about what is happening in Newfoundland and Labrador during the Covid-19 pandemic! Here are some sample questions to get you started on your home oral history interview. You can answer these yourself, or sit down with a family member and interview them. Don’t forget to start your interview by spelling out your full name, and including the date of the interview. You can record your interview in any format (audio or video) on your smartphone or digital device, and email it to email@example.com. If it is a large file, you can use the free www.wetransfer.com website to send it to the same email address, or post it on YouTube and send us the link.
All submissions welcome, including songs, recitations, poetry, or music!
- Can you describe the community where you live?
- When did you first learn about the coronavirus? What were your initial reactions?
- How did your community respond to the virus? What closures, restrictions, or safeguards were put in place?
- Describe any events you witnessed that express your or your community’s response to the virus.
- How are you personally responding to the virus? What has changed in your daily routine?
- How has your family been impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic?
- How are you staying in touch with family and friends?
- What will you remember most about this time in our lives?
- Feel free to make up your own questions!
What will happen to my audio/video file?
Once you contact us, we will ask you to fill out a brief, confidential consent form so that we can add your story to a permanent collection on Memorial University’s Digital Archives Initiative, where it can be seen and accessed for educational and non-commercial use only, and where it may be used as part of a future physical or online exhibit at The Rooms about the Covid-19 pandemic. Your story will become part of the historical record! If at some point you want your story taken down from the website, we can always remove your records from the archive.
For more information, contact:
Dale Jarvis, Heritage NL firstname.lastname@example.org
@dalejarvis on Twitter www.hfnl.ca
Kinderstart for 2020-2021
Online Registration for Kindergarten for September 2021 (Kinderstart for September 2020) will begin on May 13, 2020 using the NLESD website at Registration LINK.
Children must be five(5) years of age on or before December 31, 2021 in order to register. Please note this registration process is for children who will attend Kinderstart in the upcoming 2020-2021 school year and Kindergarten in the 2021-2022 school year. Children registered in Kinderstart will automatically be registered to attend Kindergarten in September 2021.
Hazelwood School Calendar 2019-20
For your planning purposes we have attached the daily calendar for 2019-20. Please note that the dates for Professional Learning Days are subject to change but we will be making every effort to stick with this schedule.
A note from The Kimberley Green Library Learning Commons...
Students, Parents and Guardians are asked to check for overdue library books. Not sure what library books look like? "Checkout the picture". All library books are stamped with the school name and have a tag on the binding of the book. Some tags are white, red, green and yellow. All students have been given notice of overdue books. Thanks for your help!!