Ms. Knight's Homework Page
Read everyday! Children may choose to read a baggy book from school or choose a book of interest from home. Please remember to bring the book to class each day for our daily Literacy Block activities.
Practice number activities with your 100 chart (suggestions- skip counting, even/odd numbers. counting forwards and backwards by 2s, 5s, 10s, counting coins, greatest and least numbers, tens and ones... 42 has 4 tens and 2 ones, addition and subtraction ) .
* If you have misplaced the 100 chart that was sent home in Term 1, please let me know and I will send home another copy.
Some things to keep in mind: (April 8th, 2019)
- Please try to set aside time for home reading each day. In order for your child to progress in reading skills, it is necessary to read for a least 15 mins a night. Practicing the sight words that were sent home will also help build your child's skills and as well as confidence and fluency.
- Our Virtue of the Month for April is perseverance. Please complete and send back the Virtue of the Month form so your child's name can be placed in a draw for a great prize- a gift certificate to Chapters :)
- Our Bottle Blitzes are in full swing! They take place every Friday and the class that brings in the most bottles each week will win an ice cream party!! We all love ice cream so please bring in those bottles :) Thank you for your constant support!
- Spirit Week will take place April 15th- 18th. Our classes will take part in a variety of fun activities throughout the week:
Monday, April 15th- Dress Up Day : Favorite Team
Tuesday, April 16th- Dress Up Day: Hawaiian Day, Math relay activity in the gym
Wednesday, April 17th- Dress Up Day: Favorite Hero, Grade two activity challenges in the gym
Thursday, April 18th- Dress Up Day: Pajama Day, Fitgo activity, Teachers vs grade 6 volleyball game
- Our class calendar for April was sent home last week.
- It is very important that you are conscious of the allergies in our classroom and school. Please do not pack any nuts or nut products for your child's recess or lunch.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. :) Have a great week!